Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Introducing ME!!!

Well since I'm new to this whole Blog thing I thought I should start off by really introducing myself. I'm Shanna, 27. I am a SAHM to my 2yr. old daughter, Allison, and married to a really wonderful man, Keith. We live in a small town just north of Houston, TX. I enjoy spending time online on message boards and such. A year and half ago I started my own parenting message board which I spend a lot of time working on. Other than that graphics is really my passion. Way back in 1998 I was introduced to Paint Shop Pro and started making avatars for friends on a chat client. I really loved it then so I decided to take Desktop Publishing in college for a semester but didn't have the drive to learn it then so I dropped out. After years of not doing much with enhancing my skills I picked it back up again and bought Paint Shop Pro 8 and starting working more with avatars for a message board I was on at the time. After Allison was born I really got into the graphics and started making siggys. About a year ago I was introduced to Digital Scrapbooking and was hooked. I never thought I would ever make a scrapbook because I thought only paper was done, but found this is a huge hobby for many people. So here I am a year later, now using Photoshop and scrapping away. I have printed 3 books so far for my daughter and I plan on making many more in the future. I am trying to learn more of the design aspect of it all as well and start making my own kits a templates.

That all being said I have made a freebie template for my visitors to use. This is a Christmas card template and comes in 5x7 & 4x6 size. Sorry I only have it saved as a PSD file format because I'm really new at this sharing freebie stuff and hope to learn how to save in other formats in the future. ENJOY!

http://www.4shared.com/file/29869878/d7d5b7d1/Christmas_Card_Template_1.html?dirPwdVerified=107da684

*credit the ribbon used in this template was designed by Retro Diva in her Tis The Season kit*

Here is a preview of a sample I made using this template.

Thanks to Retro Diva for her Tis the Season kit I used to make this example.

3 comments:

Trish H. said...

I LOVE IT! So glad to have aboard the blogging train!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl glad you joined the blogging world!

Unknown said...

Im so glad that you got your blog up and running Congrats!!